Cocoa Butter Cupcakes with Chocolate Whipped Cream and Homemade White Chocolate Toppers
These yellow cupcakes are made with cocoa butter instead of regular butter. They have a light, chocolaty flavor.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 12 cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cocoa butter melted and cooled until still warm but not scorching hot (Be sure to use edible cocoa butter. Read my post on white chocolate for more about the cocoa butter that I used.)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup baker's sugar You can use regular granulated sugar, but the baker's sugar makes the cupcakes a bit lighter.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Mix in cocoa butter until fully combined.
Mix in eggs one at a time until fully combined.
Mix in sugar and heavy whipping cream. The batter will be thick - more like cookie dough than typical cupcake batter.
Divide batter evenly between 12 cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 F for twenty minutes or until the cupcakes bounce back when touched lightly.
Chocolate Whipped Cream Instructions
Whip the heavy whipping cream until it looks like whipped cream.
Mix in the vanilla, cocoa powder, and powdered sugar until just combined.
Spread or pipe on cooled cupcakes
Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 88mg | Sodium: 161mg | Potassium: 75mg | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 14.3% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 3.6% | Iron: 4.7%