Banilla Wafers for Banana Pudding
I added banana to classic vanilla wafers. That way, the cookies themselves would have a slight banana flavor, kicking up the banana experience of the resulting banana pudding.
Servings: 70 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt I found the wafers to be slightly too salty and will use table salt the next time I make this recipe.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup mashed ripe banana about half of a banana
- 1/2 cup vanilla sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the butter, banana, and vanilla sugar.
Mix in the egg.
Mix in the vanilla extract and milk.
Mix in the the flour mixture until just combined.
Chill the batter in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
Scoop the batter in small balls and arrange them on parchment or Silpat-lined cookie sheets.
Use the heel of your hand to slightly flatten each ball.
Bake 2 pans at a time, rotating the pans halfway through baking, until golden brown (about 15 to 20 minutes).
Remove the pans to a cooling rack to cool completely before removing the cookies from the pan.
Calories: 23kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 10mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 0.1mg