Beer Cheese Cupcakes with Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting: The Ultimate Super Bowl Cupcake
Beer cheese Super Bowl cupcakes are sure to be a new and unique addition to the same old thing. They are topped with bacon and cheddar cream cheese frosting.
Servings: 18 cupcakes
- 1 cup beer I used Bud Select. I'm not usually a Bud gal, but they do sponsor the Super Bowl, so I had to go there.
- 1 stick plus 1 tb, unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar I'd go for the good stuff here. Get something nice and sharp, not the cheap stuff that comes shredded in a bag.
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tb vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup bacon bits I made my own by cooking some bacon in a glass pan in the microwave for 3 minutes between paper towels and food processing it.
Heat beer and butter in a large saucepan on medium-high heat until butter is melted.
Remove from heat, and whisk in the sugar.
In a separate bowl, whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla.
Mix the sour cream mixture into the beer mixture.
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
Fold flour mixture into the batter.
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 fill.
Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes, or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
Bacon Cheddar Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
Calories: 453kcal | Carbohydrates: 66g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 539mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 50g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 1.2mg