Rose Hip Soup (Nypon Soppa)
Rose hip soup is a staple in Sweden where it is not only served as a dessert, but can also be found on the breakfast table.
Servings: 4 bowls
- 9 rose hip tea bags or three tablespoons of loose rose hip tea
- 1 quart water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons potato starch or corn starch
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream to taste
- Slivered almonds to taste
Place tea bags or loose tea in a medium-sized sauce pan on medium-low heat with water and cinnamon stick.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and remove cinnamon stick and tea bags, pressing out any excess water (or straining out loose tea).
Return to heat and mix in starch, sugar, and vanilla seeds until the soup is smooth and thick.
Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream and slivered almonds.
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 100mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.2mg