Chantilly cream is just another name for whipped cream. They are the same thing! Fresh Chantilly cream can be whipped up in minutes and nothing beats its light, sweet flavor.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the cold heavy whipping cream on high speed. As you whisk, you'll notice that the cream will begin to get bubbly and then thicken.
Keep on whisking until it is thick enough that it doesn't collapse when you lift up the whisk or place some on a spoon.
After this happens, add the sugar and vanilla and give the chantilly cream one final short whisk.
Spread or pipe onto desserts or fresh fruit.
This recipe yields about four cupcakes of whipped cream (enough to to cover 12 cupcakes with nice sized swirls).
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream is cold.
- If you are trying to whisk Chantilly cream by hand, use a metal bowl and chill it in the refrigerator before whisking.
- Making Chantilly cream takes a few minutes, so keep whisking until the cream is the desired consistency.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 29mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 585IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 26mg