Carrot Cake Truffles
These carrot cake truffles taste just like carrot cake, but they are lighter and fresher.
Servings: 32 truffles
- 9 1/2 ounces carrots about 2 medium-sized carrots
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed Idaho® potatoes make from scratch with your favorite buttery family recipe or use Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or finely diced dried pineapple for topping
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse carrots until finely diced.
Pulse in almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar.
Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl and fold in mashed potatoes.
Roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
Roll balls in your choice of topping(s) – chopped nuts, coconut, cinnamon sugar, and/or diced dried pineapple.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Calories: 67kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1405IU | Vitamin C: 1.2mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.3mg