Spiced Carrot Lava Cake
There is no carrot in the cake itself - it's a spice cake with pecans. When you dig into the hot cake, you are surprised with warm carrot curd oozing out.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 tiny cakes
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter room teperature
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans + a little extra to sprinkle over the tops of the cakes
- 6 ounces carrot curd chilled
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Mix in eggs.
Mix in milk and vanilla.
Mix in flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until just combined.
Fold in pecans.
Grease small ramekins or oven safe small prep bowls and fill halfway with batter.
Place carrot curd into a piping bag fitted with a wide tip. Insert tip halfway into the batter of each ramekin and pipe in curd until the ramekins are 2/3 full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
Immediately invert onto plates, dust with extra pecans, and serve.
Calories: 585kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 135mg | Sodium: 165mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 14.6% | Calcium: 4% | Iron: 10.1%