Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
These banana oatmeal chocolate chip muffins are some of the most moist muffins you'll ever have. Plus, they are loaded with banana flavor and just the right amount of chocolate chips!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 18 Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas about 2 bananas
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In another medium-sized bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until the mixture looks like wet sand (about two minutes on high speed).
Add mashed bananas to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
Mix in eggs one at a time to the butter mixture, mixing until fully incorporated.
Mix in coconut milk until just combined.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little bit at a time, mixing until just combined.
Fold in oats and chocolate chips.
Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
Remove muffins from the tins as soon as they are cool enough to touch. Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Always use very ripe bananas. If you don't have ripe bananas, microwave peeled bananas for one minute to bring out their sweetness.
- Use rolled oats instead of quick oats if you like the texture of oats. With quick oats, the texture won't be very noticeable.
- If you don't like the taste of coconut milk, you can substitute any dairy or non-dairy milk of your choosing.
- Don't overmix the batter or it will yield gummy muffins.
- Place a few extra chocolate chips on top of the muffin batter in the tins just before baking to ensure that some chips will be visible on top of the muffins after baking.
- Grease the muffin tins well with a cooking spray to ensure that the muffins easily slide out of the tins. Alternately, you could use cupcake liners.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 139mg | Potassium: 242mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 1.3mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2.5mg