Fig and Green Tomato Galette
My fig and green tomato galette is made with a pie crust, ricotta cheese, green tomatoes, figs, and honey and balsamic drizzle. The figs and honey balance the tartness of the tomatoes with a little bit of sweetness.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- unbaked pie crust for one 9" pie homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 18 green cherry tomatoes sliced in half; use grape tomatoes or even ripe ones if you don't have any green ones
- 12 dried figs sliced thinly, about 3 slices per fig
- 1 teaspoon sea salt less or more is fine, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar less or more is fine, to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey less or more is fine, to taste
- 1 large egg yolk
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Roll out pie dough to a roughly 9" circle.
Spread ricotta cheese all over the dough, leaving a 1" border around the edge.
Artfully arrange tomatoes and figs over the ricotta cheese. Have fun with this!
Fold the edge of the dough all around the circle so that it barely covers the fillings.
Sprinkle the whole thing with salt and drizzle liberally with balsamic vinegar and honey.
Brush the pie dough with the egg yolk to give it a little color and shine.
Transfer to a parchment- or silicone mat-lined cookie sheet.
Bake 15 minutes.
Reduce heat to 350 F.
Bake 40 minutes or until galette crust is golden.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 328mg | Potassium: 213mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 169IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg