Strawberry Rhubarb Cupcakes
These strawberry rhubarb cupcakes are the cupcake version of strawberry rhubarb pie. Fresh strawberry and rhubarb pieces are mixed throughout the strawberry rhubarb cupcake batter.
Servings: 16 cupcakes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¾ cup cake flour not self-rising
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped strawberries
- ½ cup finely chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla bean paste
- zest of two medium-sized lemons
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat sugar and butter until fully combined.
Mix in cake flour and baking soda.
Mix in eggs one at a time.
Mix in orange juice.
Fold in strawberries and rhubarb.
Fill cupcake liners ¾ full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix butter until light and fluffy (about three minutes on high speed).
Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time.
Mix in vanilla bean paste and lemon zest.
Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 66mg | Sugar: 29g | Vitamin A: 575IU | Vitamin C: 10.8mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.3mg