Mouthwatering Mocha Almond Fudge Frosting
Silky, smooth, and pillowy light, this mocha frosting with a swirl of fudge and a sprinkling of slivered almonds is a showstopper.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 24 servings
Mocha Frosting Ingredients
- Use all of the ingredients in Joshua Russell's buttercream recipe found in the materials section of the Craftsy Modern Buttercream course with the exception and addition noted below.
- Exception: 2 teaspoons vanilla extract instead of 2 tablespoons
- Addition: 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
Fudge Swirl Ingredients
- 1/4 cup room temperature hot fudge sauce
- Slivered almonds to taste
Mocha Frosting Instructions
Fudge Swirl and Topping Instructions
Using a food-safe brush, paint a stripe of fudge inside a piping bag fitted with an open star tip.
Fill the bag with mocha frosting and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. As you pipe, you'll see a swirl of fudge appear throughout the frosting.
Top with slivered almonds.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 4mg | Sugar: 8g