Chocolate Stout Cupcakes
Chocolate Stout in a cupcake?!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 24 cupcakes
- 1 cup chocolate stout
- 1 stick plus 1 tb, unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese Don't be lazy and use the cream cheese straight out of the fridge. Wait for it to be room temperature. Who would make a stupid mistake like that and end up with some lumps of cream cheese in the glaze? ummm... me
- 1 can of Double Chocolate Stout
- 4 + cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 3 T milk
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2 squares of melted unsweetened bakers chocolate
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine the chocolate stout and the butter, chopped into 1-inch chunks, in a large sauce pan, and heat to melt the butter.
Remove from heat, and whisk in the cocoa and sugar.
In a bowl, whisk the sour cream with the eggs and vanilla, then add to the beer mixture.
Sift together the flour and baking soda, and fold into the batter.
Pour into cupcake tins and bake for 25 minutes, or until inserted cake tester comes out clean.
Let stand 10 minutes, remove from cupcake tin, and cool completely on a rack.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 8.2% | Vitamin C: 0.1% | Calcium: 5.4% | Iron: 6.5%