Charoset is a reason to look forward to Passover. I could eat it by the bowl - cold or hot.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 C chopped apples Mom uses a couple of different apples to make it interesting.
- 1/4 C chopped nuts We always use walnuts.
- 1 t sugar or honey This is not a choice. Use honey!
- Grated rind of 1/2 lemon I ended up using a whole lemon. The more lemon, the merrier.
- 1/2 t cinnamon or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine about (Don't go for fancy wine here. You want Manischewitz Concord Grape. I can't imagine charoses with any other wine. It's really an essential ingredient.)
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Fat: 1g | Potassium: 25mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 0.1% | Vitamin C: 0.6% | Calcium: 0.3% | Iron: 0.4%