Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting with Prickly Pear Lemon Bars
Lemon brightens up the plain background of cream cheese in this wonderful frosting.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 C butter room temperature
- 4 C powdered sugar sifted
- 1/2 t lemon extract
- 1 1/2 t prickly pear juice Optional. I only added this to give the frosting a mild pink color. It did not affect the taste at all. You could use food coloring or skip this entirely.
- 1 C pulverized prickly pear lemon bars Optional.
Mix butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
Add in powdered sugar one cup at a time. You can add more or less to get your desired level of sweetness and stiffness.
Add lemon extract and, optionally, the prickly pear juice.
If you choose to do so, mix in the prickly pear lemon bars. It could also be fun to sprinkle them on top.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 29mg | Sugar: 39g | Vitamin A: 405IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.1mg