Pistachio Cake Cupcakes with Rosemary and a Cherry Glaze
This pistachio cake recipe doesn't use any pistachios (except on top for decoration). All of the pistachio flavor in the cake comes from pistachio oil.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 15 cupcakes
- 1/2 C unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 C pistachio oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C milk I used 2%
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped finely
Cherry Glaze Ingredients
- 3/4 C powdered sugar sifted
- 2 tbsp cherry juice To get my cherry juice, I stemmed, pitted, and food processed a handful of cherries. Then, I strained the cherry mush to get only the juice.
Cream butter and sugar together.
Mix in the pistachio oil.
Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Beat in flour, a half cup at a time, alternating with milk.
Mix in rosemary.
Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
Bake at 275 F for 1 hour.
Cherry Glaze Instructions
Mix the sugar and cherry juice until completely smooth.
Dip the cupcakes in the glaze. It will be drippy at first, but it will harden quickly on the cupcakes.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 39mg | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.7mg