Pasta e Fagioli with Wagon Wheel Pasta
Pasta e fagioli is comfort food at its finest. It's loaded with both beef and veggies and doesn't hit you with any strong or exotic flavors.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time2 hrs 10 mins
Total Time2 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 20 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 4 large carrots sliced thin
- 4 stalks celery sliced thin
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 43.5 ounces diced tomatoes 3 14.5 ounce cans, not drained
- 16 ounces light red kidney beans drained
- 16 ounces great northern beans drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 5 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 26.5 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound wagon wheel pasta cooked according to package instructions
Place oil and ground beef in large stew pot or kettle. Saute until beef is browned.
Add onions, celery, carrots and diced tomatoes.
Allow the meat and vegetables to simmer for about 10 minutes.
Add beans to the meat and vegetables.
Add the beef broth, beef stock, Italian seasoning, chopped parsley, Tabasco, pepper, and spaghetti sauce.
Bring the soup to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for several hours.
Serve over cooked wagon wheel pasta.
Optionally, sprinkle with shredded parmesan or Italian blend cheeses.
Calories: 238.81kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.06g | Protein: 17.76g | Fat: 3.74g | Saturated Fat: 1.27g | Cholesterol: 28.12mg | Sodium: 445.22mg | Potassium: 688.35mg | Fiber: 5.81g | Sugar: 4.99g | Vitamin A: 2465.12IU | Vitamin C: 11.69mg | Calcium: 66.16mg | Iron: 3.73mg