Magical Sugar Plum Fairy Cakes
I spun dried fruits, walnuts, honey, orange juice, and seasonal spices together in my sugar plum fairy cakes, creating a magical taste spectacle.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 22 fairy cakes
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup walnut oil or other vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1 cup walnuts finely chopped and toasted
- 1/4 cup prunes finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dates finely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1/4 cup pulp-free orange juice
- Plum disco dust I got mine from Layer Cake Shop
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix honey and butter for about two minutes on medium speed until fully combined.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and coriander and mix until just combined.
Mix in eggs, one at a time.
Mix in oil.
Mix in orange juice.
Fold in nuts, prunes, apricots, and dates.
Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out dry.
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix butter on high speed for three minutes until light and fluffy.
Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time.
Mix in coriander and orange juice.
Pipe on cooled cupcakes.
Sprinkle with disco dust.
Calories: 345kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 34mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 8.7% | Vitamin C: 6.8% | Calcium: 3.8% | Iron: 6.1%