Sparkly Sugar Plums
An easy sugar plum recipe for Christmas with a little sparkle. 'Tis the season!
Servings: 50 sugar plums
- 2 cups toasted walnuts chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup pitted prunes finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots finely chopped
- 1/2 cut pitted dates finely chopped
- powdered sugar for rolling coating the balls
- grape soda Jewel Dust
Mix all ingredients except the sugar and Jewel Dust together in a large bowl. Optionally, place the whole mixture in the food processor and process for a few seconds - this will help everything to stick together, especially if you aren't the best at finely chopping. (I'm raising my hand high on this one.)
Form the mixture into teaspoon-sized balls.
Roll the balls in powdered sugar and then roll in Jewel Dust. Note: If you let the balls sit overnight, the powdered sugar will absorb into the balls and will be less visible.
Calories: 47kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fat: 3g | Potassium: 62mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg