These Valentine’s Day cupcakes contain both melted white chocolate and white chocolate chips for a double punch of white chocolate. The amaretto adds a sultry almond flavor – enough to enjoy, but not strong enough to leave you with a lingering taste of alcohol. Make these cupcakes extra cute by topping them with a piece of white chocolate or leave them simple and unadulterated; either way, be sure to share them with someone you love.
Although you can make these white chocolate amaretto cupcakes using store-bought white chocolate, it would be extra fun to make them using homemade white chocolate (it only takes five minutes to make!).
White Chocolate Amaretto Cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 7 ounces white chocolate chips divided
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons amaretto
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Amaretto Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon amaretto
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together sugar and butter until fully combined.
- Melt three ounces of the white chocolate chips in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Mix melted white chocolate into the sugar/butter mixture.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in milk, vegetable oil, and amaretto until fully combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in remaining four ounces of white chocolate chips.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for twenty minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Amaretto Whipped Cream Instructions
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whip heavy whipped cream until thick enough to hold its shape.
- Mix in sugar until just combined.
- Mix in amaretto.
- Pipe on cooled cupcakes.
- Optionally top with a piece of white chocolate.