Turkey Cranberry Cupcake Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 18 thinly sliced pieces of turkey
Maple Buttercream Frosting Ingredients*
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar sifted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs, yogurt, and vanilla into the butter/sugar mixture until blended.
- Mix in cranberry sauce.
- Fold in flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in dried cranberries
- Place one slice of turkey in each well of the cupcake tin. Often, turkey slices will have small holes in them; make sure that any holes in the slices are not at the bottom or sides of the cupcake tin.
- Spoon batter into the turkey, as shown in the photo.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If you put this recipe into a normal cupcake liner sans turkey, it will bake in about 30 minutes.
Maple Buttercream Frosting Instructions
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in maple syrup
Do You Like The Idea of Baking in Meat?
If you like the idea of baking in meat, be sure to check out my honey baked ham cupcakes.