Tomato cream cheese frosting is sweet. You might not even know that the tomato frosting has tomato in it until the aftertaste hits you – then, you’ll know for sure. If you doubt that it could be good, I’ll give you brief preview of my next post: this tomato frosting topped first prize winner cupcakes! Details on that cupcake and my first ever baking trophy are coming soon!!
The Tomato Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Tomato Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- ¼ C butter room temperature
- 8 oz package of cream cheese room temperature
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2 T tomato paste I used extra-concentrated tomato paste to keep the frosting from getting too moist and runny
- ½ t vanilla extract
- Mix butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar. Add more or less to make it as stiff as you like.
- Mix in the tomato paste and vanilla extract.