These tiramisu popsicles have two distinct sections. I prefer the icy and sweet coffee layer spiked with a splash of rum (I may make myself whole popsicles with just that layer sometime!). Other tasters gravitate toward the creamy mascarpone layer with the consistency of frozen cheesecake. True tiramisu fans love long licks where they experience the tiramisu popsicles in their full glory.
Which part of the tiramisu popsicles will you like best? I guess you’ll have to make them and find out!
Tiramisu Popsicles Recipe
I used these popsicle molds sent to me by Tovolo to make my tiramisu popsicles. What I love about the molds is that each popsicle can individually separate from the base, allowing me to take one at a time out of the the freezer. This means that I don’t have worry about popsicles melting while I remove the one that I want to eat. Smart design! (View on Amazon)
Coffee Layer Ingredients
- 1 cup brewed coffee room temerature
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 pound mascarpone cheese
- cocoa powder for dusting to taste
Coffee Layer Instructions
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- Divide evenly in popsicle molds (about 3 tablespoons per mold). Do not insert the sticks yet.
- Freeze for one hour or until the top is icy but not frozen solid.
Mascarpone Layer Instructions
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils.
- Boil gently for one minute and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and place that bowl in another larger bowl filled with ice to cool it quickly.
- Once it cools (about 10 minutes), add vanilla and mascarpone.
- Use an immersion blender or a regular blender to smooth out any lumps and to further liquefy the mixture.
- Pour mascarpone mixture over frozen coffee layer in all molds.
- Insert sticks and freeze until solid (about 4 hours).
- Remove and dust with cocoa powder before serving.