Cupcake stuffing is unlike any stuffing you’ve had and yet, with its mash-up of fall flavors, it feels right at home on the Thanksgiving table. Plus, cupcake stuffing is a great excuse to serve cupcakes with the main meal; if marshmallows can appear atop sweet potato casserole, there’s no reason the stuffing can’t be made of cupcakes.
Sweet and Savory Cupcake Stuffing
- 12 unfrosted vanilla cupcakes
- 2 apples roughly chopped
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups butternut squash soup I used store-bought soup, but you could easily opt to make homemade butternut squash soup
- Remove cupcakes from the liners and cut each cupcake into six pieces.
- Set cupcake pieces out on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 275 F for 40 minutes or until cupcakes begin to brown and feel crispy on the outside. Remove from the oven.
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix toasted cupcakes with all other ingredients.
- Transfer contents of the mixing bowl to a baking dish and cover.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- Serve warm.