Strawberry sorbet is a cool, tangy splash that refreshes and energizes you as it hits your palate. Strawberry sorbet is not quite a miracle drug, but strawberry sorbet is miraculously easy to make and (especially when served in a homemade petite waffle cone) it is sure to brighten your world.
Strawberry Sorbet Recipe
I got the strawberry sorbet recipe by modifying a plum sorbet recipe from Garret at Simply Recipes. There are tons of appetizing sorbet recipes at Simply Recipes that are worth checking out. Aside from the switch to strawberries, I also changed the recipe to be only two steps – you can’t screw it up!
Strawberry Sorbet That You Can’t Screw Up
- 2 1/2 cups of strawberries*
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier optional (This keeps the sorbet from getting too icy.)
- Throw all of the ingredients in a blender and liquefy them.
- Put the mixture in your ice cream maker and follow the instructions of your model.
BTW – I used the sorbet cones in 4th of July cupcakes!