Snickerdoodle cookies are the happiest of all cookies. Try saying the word snickerdoodle ten times fast without smiling! Such a happy cookie deserves a simple recipe, and this snickerdoodle cookie recipe fits the bill. These snickerdoodle cookies take five minutes to prep, just ten minutes to bake, and they are perfectly soft, chewy, and moist. This snickerdoodle cookie recipe is one to add to your recipe stash for the next time you need something for a last minute potluck, bake sale, after-school snack, or midnight munch.
The Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
- Form balls of dough about one ounce each.
- Flatten balls with your palm to form circles about 1/4" thick. Don't worry about being perfect.
- Dip both sides of each cookie dough circle into the topping.
- Place cookie dough circles about two inches apart on baking sheets lined with Silpats or parchment paper.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.
If You Like Snickerdoodles…
If you like snickerdoodles, you might want to try my snickerdoodle cupcakes!