Strawberry banana pudding is the dish to serve when your hot, sticky, and tired family walks in the door. It’s an instant mood changer. In addition to giving blah banana pudding a cheery exterior, strawberries actually brighten banana pudding’s flavor, making it more alive, fresh, and summery. Try swapping the strawberries for any fresh berries for the same effect.
Banilla wafers serve as the base of my strawberry banana pudding. The wafers are topped with homemade vanilla pudding (store-bought would work in a pinch). On top of the pudding layer, there’s a layer of sliced bananas and strawberries, and the whole thing is topped with a happy little scoop of whipped topping made from whipped cream, sweetened condensed milk, and cream cheese.
Products Related to This Banana Pudding Recipe
Strawberry Banana Pudding Recipe
The homemade pudding part of this banana pudding is from a recipe on Hilah Cooking. I’ve ever so slightly modified it to give it more of a vanilla punch.
Strawberry Banana Pudding
Strawberry Banana Pudding Ingredients
- 1/3 cup vanilla sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 banilla wafers you could also use plain vanilla wafers
- 2 ripe bananas cut into slices
- 8 strawberries cut into small pieces
Whipped Topping Ingredients
- 6 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
Strawberry Banana Pudding Directions
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, combine the vanilla sugar, cornstarch, and milk. Whisk thoroughly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk again to combine.
- Add the butter.
- Stir constantly until the mixture just begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer another 2 minutes or until it has the consistency of porridge, stirring constantly to keep the pudding from getting lumpy.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla, and set aside to cool.
- Line the bottoms of ramekins with banilla wafers. You may need to break them to get them to fit well and that's OK - no one will know or care.
- Evenly distribute cooled pudding over wafers in each ramekin.
- Top the pudding with a layer of bananas.
- Top the bananas with strawberries.
Whipped Topping Directions
- Whip heavy whipping cream until it looks like whipped cream.
- Mix in sugar.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Gently fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream.
- Dollop whipped topping over strawberry banana pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving.