The Sticky Candy with Applesauce Recipe
Really Sticky Candy with Applesauce
- 1 C granulated white sugar
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/4 C heavy cream
- 8 oz applesauce
- 1 T butter
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- Place white sugar, brown sugar, heavy cream, and applesauce in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 242 F on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Beat until creamy and thick.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let cool.
- Refrigerate right on the baking sheet.
- Once they are cold, you can pull them off the sheet and store them in a different container in the refrigerator or use them in cupcakes!