These pumpkin mudslide cupcakes are inspired by my must-try frozen pumpkin mudslide cocktails. When my friend Adam tried these cupcakes, he said they were so amazing that they actually gave him goosebumps. That’s the kind of review that I like to hear! Although the more traditional pumpkin flavor is present in the cupcakes, they taste distinctly of Kahlua and Baileys Irish Cream. The cupcakes are finished with a drizzle of chocolate syrup over spiced pumpkin coffee buttercream frosting.
I like to throw some orange and black sanding sugar on mine for added fun! (View on Amazon)
Pumpkin Mudslide Cupcakes
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate syrup for drizzling
- Orange and black sanding sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, instant coffee granules, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin puree, and eggs until smooth.
- Mix the vegetable oil, Kahlua, and Baileys Irish Cream into the wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients a little bit at a time until just incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy – about three minutes on high speed using an electric mixer.
- Add powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
- Mix in pumpkin puree, coffee granules, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla until fully combined.
- Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Optionally, dust with orange and black sanding sugar.