I know that the pink in the image above looks like a silicone cupcake liner or maybe even a cupcake-shaped candle. It’s not!
All of the pink that you see is a champagne jello shot (made in a silicone cupcake liner)!! Crazy, right?
On top of the jello shot is a layer of chocolate – because we all know that chocolate goes with champagne. Then, I threw some buttercream on top – because, why the heck not?!
These pink champagne and chocolate cupcake jello shots are such a fun way to celebrate anything except a kid’s birthday!
When I told my dad that I was making cupcake-shaped jello shots, he warned, “You better make minis!” But, in truth, a champagne jello shot isn’t nearly as strong as a jello shot with hard liquor. You can have a whole cupcake (even several of them) without getting sloshed. So, I say, “Go big!”
I’d love to hear about any joyous occasion celebrated with my pink champagne and chocolate jello shots! Leave me a comment or tag me in a photo on Instagram.
The recipe below is adapted from a champagne jello shot recipe on She Knows.
Pink Champagne and Chocolate Cupcake Jello Shots
- 8 fluid ounces champagne
- 7 fluid ounces lemon S.Pellegrino or any sparkling lemon seltzer water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 packets unflavored gelatin
- liquid pink food coloring
- 3 ounces milk chocolate melted
- vanilla bean buttercream to taste, optional
- In a small saucepan, add champagne and two fluid ounces of the S.Pellegrino.
- Empty gelatin packets on top and let sit for two minutes.
- Add sugar.
- Heat the saucepan on medium-low until gelatin and sugar are dissolved, gently stirring periodically. The mixture should not boil.
- Remove from the heat and mix in remaining five ounces of S.Pellegrino and food coloring.
- Blend the mixture in a blender until it is totally pink.
- Add jello to greased silicone cupcake liners and refrigerate for two hours or until set.
- Remove from silicone liners and dip tops of "cupcakes" in melted chocolate.
- Optionally, pipe buttercream frosting on top.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.