Remember when I learned the best way to bake with tea? I made jasmine raspberry cupcakes that I adored, and I warned you that more tea cupcakes were coming soon. When the folks at Paula Deen requested a peach cupcake for the month of August, sweet peach tea immediately came to mind. Can’t you picture Paula Deen sitting on her porch with one of my peach tea cupcakes? Some day, I’ll get the chance to personally make one for her; but for now, I’ll just continue to widely grin about the fact that my cupcakes are on her website.
Here’s the peach tea cupcake recipe.
Peach Tea Cupcakes
Tea-Infused Butter Ingredients
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 32 grams about 1/3 cup whole leaf Earl Grey tea
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- Zest of 1 medium-sized lemon
- 2/3 cup tea-infused butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup finely chopped overripe peaches
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 12 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ¾ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- ¾ tsp lemon extract
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
Tea-Infused Butter Instructions
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on medium-high heat until just melted.
- Add the tea leaves.
- Continue heating the mixture for about 5 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand for another 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a fine sieve, pressing hard on the tea leaves to squeeze out as much butter as possible.
- Let the butter come to room temperature and refrigerate until it is no longer liquid or until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and lemon zest. Allow to sit for at least thirty minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream tea-infused butter and lemon sugar.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in ginger.
- Beat in flour, one cup at a time, alternating with milk.
- Fold in peaches.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting Instructions
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar one cup at a time until well integrated.
- Mix in lemon extract.
- Spread or pipe onto cupcakes.
- Top with mint leaves.