“When can you make those cookies again?” my husband asked. “Those cookies” referred to these no bake crispy chocolate peanut butter bacon cookies. You can see why he didn’t want to use the full name. Lucky for him, I would make them any time – they are super crazy easy (one bowl and no oven required).
These chocolate peanut butter bacon cookies have the texture of Rice Krispie treats – achieved with Corn Flakes rather than Rice Krispies. They have the no-fail taste of dark chocolate and peanut butter and the bonus of salty bacon (plus a little extra sea salt for good measure). They almost wouldn’t be sweet enough if it weren’t for the ring of powdered sugar that not only balances the flavors, but also gives these cookies their distinctive look.
No Bake Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate melted in the microwave or a double boiler
- 3 cups Corn Flakes crushed (stick them in a sealed sandwich bag and roll over them with a rolling pin)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons bacon bits or very finely chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix all ingredients.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter on the paper and put a heaping tablespoon of the chocolate mixture in the center. Pack down firmly.
- Ease away the cutter and repeat until all of the chocolate mixture is used up.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Roll the edges of the cookies in powdered sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container with cookie layers separated by parchment for up to a week.