Not only is Greek yogurt cheesecake healthier than its pure cream cheese counterpart, but it also has the enjoyable tang that comes along with Greek yogurt. This mocha Greek yogurt cheesecake made using half The Greek Gods’ Chocolate Mocha Greek-style Yogurt and half cream cheese was super easy to make. The yogurt had so much flavor on its own that I didn’t need to add lots of extra ingredients.
Aside from the tangy taste, you would never know that the cheesecake contained yogurt. The texture is spot on for a cheesecake – smooth, light, and fluffy.
I paired the cheesecake with a walnut crust because I like the combination of mocha and nuts. However, feel free to use a graham cracker, Oreo, or shortbread crust when you bake it.
The Greek Gods Greek-style Yogurt sponsored this post, and they recently sent me their new line of chocolate-flavored Greek-style yogurts to try (chocolate strawberry, chocolate cherry, and chocolate mocha). While I love Greek-style yogurt in a cheesecake, these yogurts are fabulous (almost like chocolate pudding) all on their own.
I serve myself Greek-style yogurt in fancy glassware. It takes me to my happy place.
I made the choice to bake my cheesecake in a 13″ x 4″ rectangular tart pan. I love the look that it creates – especially when the cheesecake is topped with chocolate-covered espresso beans. (Confession: I ended up removing a lot of the beans from my slices to save for later because that many espresso beans at dinner time is probably not the best idea for anyone.) This recipe will also work in a 9″ round springform pan, but you’d need to double the filling and increase the bake time from 30 to 50 minutes to account for the added depth.
Mocha Greek Yogurt Cheesecake
Walnut Crust Ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
Mocha Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Ingredients
- 8 ounces The Greek Gods' Chocolate Mocha Greek Yogurt room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans
Walnut Crust Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Evenly press into the bottom of a greased 13" x 4" tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Place tart pan on a large cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
Mocha Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Instructions
- Process all ingredients except espresso beans until completely smooth.
- Pour over pre-baked crust and bake for 30 minutes or until the center is still a little jiggly but the edges are completely set.
- Turn the oven off, but leave the cheesecake in the oven for another hour with the oven door cracked slightly to gradually cool the cake.
- Remove from the oven and, once the cheesecake cools to room temperature, place in the refrigerator to chill for at least three hours.
- Remove the sides from the cheesecake pan, top the cheesecake with espresso beans, slice, and serve.
True story about The Greek Gods Greek-style Yogurt: My son liked the yogurt so much that I used it to try to hide medicine in when he needed some. Of course, chocolate yogurt will be associated with medicine for him from now on. My mom did this to me with applesauce and to this day, when I have plain applesauce, I can still taste crushed up pills. Is there a food like this in your life?