Being a baker, I am all about food gifts for any occasion – accompanied, of course, by a sweet hand-written note. Rice Krispie Clusters are perfect for the special people in your life, especially when flavored with Limoncello and coated in chocolate. Plus, they only have 6 ingredients and take just an hour to make, which makes them the perfect homemade treat when you’re in a rush.
I top each Limoncello cluster with lemon zest to give the recipient a little hint of what’s inside. That’s especially important if I don’t have time to wrap them as nicely as I did above.
Limoncello Rice Krispie Clusters
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 ounces marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies or any other puffed rice cereal
- 2 tablespoons Limoncello
- 10 ounces dark chocolate broken into small pieces
- zest of 1 lemon
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Mix in marshmallows and stir regularly until they melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies and Limoncello.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of Rice Krispie treats onto parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cool to room temperature (about thirty minutes).
- Melt and temper chocolate (See my tutorial on tempering chocolate for instructions. Don't look at the picture of my clusters too closely or you will notice the streaks in the chocolate which reveal that mine aren't perfectly tempered - no one cared).
- Dip treats into tempered chocolate and return to parchment or silicone mat.
- While the chocolate is still warm, place a little lemon zest of top of each cluster.
- Cool to room temperature before eating or packaging.