Irish coffee cupcakes are coffee-flavored cupcakes spiked with whiskey and topped with chocolate whiskey cream cheese frosting. Irish coffee brownie cupcakes are the same thing, but with a surprise inside…
…a hidden brownie center!
I probably don’t need to tell you how sensational these Irish coffee brownie cupcakes are, or how you need to make these cupcakes for St. Patrick’s Day, or how these are a coffee-lover’s dream. Just make them and see for yourself.
Irish Coffee Brownie Cupcakes
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whole roasted coffee beans
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup whiskey
- Brownie batter from above
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons whiskey
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in cocoa powder, flour, and salt until just combined.
- Set aside.
- In a small saucepan on medium-high, heat milk and coffee beans until just boiling.
- Remove from heat, cover, and steep for fifteen minutes.
- Using a sieve, remove the beans from the milk and set the milk aside. You will only need ¾ cup of the milk, so it’s fine if some sticks to the beans during this process.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter/sugar mixture, mixing until fully incorporated.
- In a small bowl, mix together whiskey and ¾ cup of the coffee-infused milk.
- Alternately mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients into the butter/sugar bowl, mixing until just combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full with cupcake batter.
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of brownie batter into the center of each cupcake.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cupcakes bounce back when lightly touched.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
- Mix in cocoa powder and whiskey.
- Spread or pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Use Wilton tip 106 for the piping style shown in the photos.