They just as easy to prepare as the original Rice Krispie treats. These Nutella treats are kid-friendly and just three ingredient.
Plus, you can make them in a microwave!
If you do happen to have a little extra time and want to play around with these, you can try using them to make Rice Krispie Treat cupcakes! In those, the treats act as cupcake liners!
What You Need to Make Nutella Krispie Treats
To make these, you’ll need:
- Honey (Any honey will work. When you bake with honey, it doesn’t matter if it’s fancy honey and raw honey will no longer be raw since you are heating it up.)
- Nutella (You can use any chocolate hazelnut spread that you prefer.)
- Rice Krispies (Of course!)
How to Make Honey Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
Start by microwaving honey and Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl. The goal here is to warm them up so that after removing from the microwave, a quick stir will completely combine them.
Stir in the Rice Krispies!
Spread the mixture over a greased 8×8 baking pan.
Refrigerate for at least three hours.
Then, cut into bars and serve!
Other Rice Krispie Treats Without Marshmallows
If you aren’t a fan of marshmallows, another popular no marshmallow treat is peanut butter Rice Krispie treats.
It works very similar to this one only the peanut butter binds the treats together instead of the Nutella.
Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- In a medium-sized microwave-safe bowl, combine honey and Nutella and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir. The honey and Nutella should be hot and thoroughly combined. If not, continue to microwave for ten seconds at a time and stir until they are. (If you don't have a microwave, heat in a medium-sized saucepan on medium heat for five minutes.)
- Mix Rice Krispies into the bowl and stir, coating all of the Krispies.
- Spread mixture into an 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours.
- Cut into squares and eat!