If you’re nuts for a nut lover, this is the Valentine’s day cookie to make them. These honey nut Valentine’s Day cookies are super simple to make – they have only three ingredients (an assortment of nuts and seeds, honey, and a couple of egg whites to help hold it all together in a chewy granola bar sort of way) – and they are gluten-free! The best thing about these cookies is that you can use whatever nuts your Valentine loves. Does your hubby crave cashews? Use them! Does your child pine for peanuts? They’ll work too!
Honey Nut Valentine’s Day Cookie Recipe
|Cookies about to go in the oven.|
Easy Honey Nut Valentine’s Day Cookies (Gluten-Free)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups assorted nuts and seeds You can use any kinds that you like. I used equal amounts of pecans, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium-sized, bowl, whisk together the eggs whites and honey.
- Coarsely chop the nuts and seeds.
- Mix the nuts and seeds into the egg whites and honey until well-combined.
- Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Place a heart-shaped cookie cutter (or any shape you like) onto the Silpat or parchment paper and fill it halfway with the nut and seed mixture. Use your hand to pack the mixture into the cookie cutter so it looks like the photo above. Carefully lift the cookie cutter. The mixture should retain the shape of the cookie cutter. (If you prefer, you can scoop out small balls instead of using a cookie cutter.)
- Repeat until you have used all of the nut and seed mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cookies just start to brown on the edges.
You know there’s a cupcake coming soon! Honey nut Valentine’s Day cupcakes are coming soon!