Homemade pumpkin pie spice sprinkles are the perfect bridge between summer ice cream treats and and fall baking. I put my pumpkin pie spice sprinkles over vanilla bean ice cream in a homemade graham cracker waffle cone. But, they would also add a fall flavor punch to any dessert!
Making homemade sprinkles is so much easier than I ever imagined; see my post on homemade strawberry sprinkles for Parade magazine for a primer.
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Sprinkles
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons water
- Mix all ingredients until fully combined.
- Pipe thin long lines (I used Wilton tip #4) onto parchment paper. Don't worry about the lines being perfect - you'll be breaking them up later. If you don't have a pastry tip, you can just cut a tiny hole in the corner of a sandwich bag.
- Leave the sprinkles out to dry overnight.
- Break the sprinkles up into sprinkle-sized pieces. You could use a knife for this, but it's just as easy to use your hands. They break up really easily.