This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RumChata. All opinions are 100% mine.
Seven layer bars are one of the world’s easiest desserts to make. You simply layer seven ingredients in a pan and – voilà! – you have dessert that people will go crazy for! I switched up the basic recipe to create these hazelnut FrappaChata seven layer bars – think chocolate chip cookie bar meets morning coffee meets chocolate hazelnut spread!
These hazelnut FrappaChata bars are so rich that a small amount goes a long way, but that didn’t stop me from eating more than a small amount. They are quite addicting!
For those new to FrappaChata (maybe you missed my black-bottom FrappaChata crème brûlée), it is the first and only alcoholic iced coffee on the market, already blended and ready to drink. If you love coffee and you love RumChata, you need this in your life. You can drink FrappaChata on the rocks, straight from the bottle (I certainly do!). However, FrappaChata lends itself to so many wonderful baking applications. RumChata has lots of recipe ideas on RumChata’s Facebook Page and RumChata’s YouTube channels!
While most 7 layer bar recipes use nuts that haven’t been roasted, roasting hazelnuts first is essential to bringing out their full flavor potential! To roast hazelnuts, simply place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 15 minutes. If they have skins, turn them out to a kitchen towel. Fold the towel around the nuts and roll the nuts around until the skins come off. If a few skins stay on, don’t worry about it; they are edible.
Hazelnut FrappaChata Seven Layer Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts removed from their skins and roughly chopped
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 7 ounces FrappaChata
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix butter and graham cracker crumbs and press into the bottom of a greased 13" x 9" baking pan.
- Top with a layer of semi-sweet chocolate chips, a layer of white chocolate chips, and a layer of hazelnuts.
- In a small bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and FrappaChata and pour over baking pan.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the coconut is lightly browned.
- Cool completely before cutting.