I had so much fun creating this homemade gummy spider recipe with real fruit juice.
You can make them in any flavor that you like—just pick your favorite juice! I made mine with pomegranate juice.
The only tricky part of making gummy spiders is finding spider molds. I found a spider mold on Etsy. The filled molds need to be in the freezer for five minutes before the spiders can be removed, so the process will go faster if you have more molds.
- 1 cup fruit juice pick your favorite flavor
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- In a small saucepan, bring fruit juice to a boil.
- Remove from heat and cool for three minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and honey.
- Whisk in gelatin very gradually. If you whisk too quickly, you could end up with lumpy spiders.
- Fill spider molds using a syringe. Err on the side of overfilling rather than underfilling. The spiders are easier to remove when the molds are a bit overfilled.
- Place filled spider molds in the freezer for five minutes.
- Carefully remove spiders from molds and place in an airtight container.
- Continue filling, freezing, and removing until you've used all the gelatin mixture. If the gelatin starts to solidify, return the pot to low heat and stir until the gelatin liquefies again.
- Store completed spiders in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
If you like these, you’ll like my spooky Halloween cookies with gummy spiders in the centers, but now that I know how easy it is to make my own gummy spiders, I may have to make these cookies again with my homemade ones!