Golden latte (sometimes called golden milk) is a milk tea brewed with turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, licorice root, and black pepper. It tastes like a spicy chai and has a signature golden color. Some drink it for the health benefits, but I just like the flavor. My golden latte popsicles are simply frozen golden latte with a little more sugar than I would normally add to the drink. They are incredibly refreshing and a simple, healthful, summertime snack.
Every year at Mother’s Day, I work with Fair Trade USA to share the story of Fair Trade moms and what Fair Trade is doing to empower women around the world. This year, they shared the wonderful infographic below with me and I wanted to pass it on to you. The statistic about women and land ownership is very disturbing.
Fair Trade certification is an important mechanism for protecting and empowering women in agricultural communities around the world. In addition to freedom from harassment and other social requirements, Fair Trade certification ensures that women have a voice, a vote, and a leadership role in their communities. You can visit Fair Trade’s site to learn more about the women of Fair Trade.
Golden Latte Popsicles
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk you may also use any other milk that you prefer
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons loose Numi Turmeric Chai loose blend substitute with any turmeric chai blend you prefer
- Dark chocolate chips to taste (optional)
- Warm milk and sugar until almost boiling, whisking to combine.
- Stir in tea until well-blended.
- Distribute evenly in popsicle molds.
- Freeze overnight.
- Optionally, melt chocolate chips in the microwave or using a double boiler and drizzle over frozen pops.
Lastly, because it’s Mother’s Day, I absolutely need to give a shout out to my mom. These pops are so fitting for her as she is pure gold inside and out! Happy Mother’s Day to my spectacular mom! I am so incredibly fortunate to have you in my life. Love you!