Chocolate butter is a chocolate spread that will be your morning toast’s new best friend. My chocolate butter recipe uses just three ingredients – chocolate, ground cinnamon, and butter – and every taste melts in your mouth with the rich flavor of chocolate.
The recipe has no added sugar (all of the sweetness is provided by your choice of bittersweet dark chocolate) and you won’t miss it. It’s all about the chocolate flavor!
What You’ll Need to Make Chocolate Butter
To make this recipe, you will need just three ingredients:
- Salted Butter – While I usually recommend unsalted butter in my recipes, adding salt to this one would cause an unpleasant, gritty texture.
- Bittersweet dark chocolate – I like to use Guittard chocolate since it’s fantastic and made with ingredients certified by Fair Trade USA.
- Ground cinnamon – Try this ground cinnamon if you don’t already have one.
Note: It’s important to use a bittersweet chocolate that you like in this recipe since it will strongly influence the end product’s flavor. Don’t skimp on this important ingredient!
How to Make This Recipe
Chocolate butter is so simple to make, which is a good thing – once you serve it, the requests won’t stop. Here’s how it’s made:
- Start off by melting your favorite bittersweet dark chocolate. Make sure it’s just melted and not blistering hot.
- Next, add the melted chocolate and ground cinnamon to the butter.
- Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are completely combined.
Pack it tightly into a ramekin and serve immediately or refrigerate for later use.
Uses for Homemade Chocolate Butter
The spread is also great on freshly-baked bread.
Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Butter
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup salted butter room temperature
- Melt chocolate by breaking it into small pieces and placing it in a double boiler over medium-low heat or by microwaving and stirring for 20 seconds at a time. Once melted, cool so it is just warm to the touch.
- Mix the melted chocolate and cinnamon into the butter until they are completely combined.
- Pack tightly into a small ramekin.
- If not eating immediately, store in the refrigerator and bring back to room temperature before using.