Rice Krispies only snap, crackle, and pop in milk. Rice Krispie treats are silent friends unless you add a few of these:
How to Make Chocolate Pop Rock Rice Krispie Treats
I used my honey Nutella Rice Krispie treats to make this recipe, but any Rice Krispie treat recipe will work. Do not be tempted to put the Pop Rocks directly into the Rice Krispie treats. As soon as the Pop Rocks hit the treat mixture, they will all pop (I can’t explain why this doesn’t happen in the chocolate. If any chemist readers can explain this in the comments, please do.).
Chocolate Pop Rock Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 " x 8" baking dish of Rice Krispie treats chilled but not cut
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup unflavored popping candy or Pop Rocks
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave or a double boiler.
- Stir popping candy into the melted chocolate.
- Pour the pop rocky chocolate over the Rice Krispie treats.
- Cover and chill for at least three hours.
- Cut the treats into squares.
- Make sure to let the chocolate melt in your mouth while you eat them. If you inhale the treats, the popping candy won't get enough saliva on them to pop - and that would be sad.
Pop Rocks Proposal
On New Year’s Eve, many people pop the question with a rock. Wouldn’t it be much cheaper and more fun to pop the question with Pop Rocks? This rock star idea is my gift to you. If you do it (I am really under no false belief that anyone will), and you take a video (which would clearly go viral), and you give Cupcake Project a mention in the video, I will come up with a rocking prize for you!