This post was sponsored by Wilton.
My chocolate martini cupcakes start with the best chocolate cupcakes on the planet. The cupcakes are topped with a chocolate martini buttercream made with Crème de Cacao and Godiva liqueur which is drizzled with dark chocolate. But, the most fun part of these chocolate martini cupcakes is the actual shot of chocolate martini that can be squeezed into the cupcakes just before eating.
The vessel for the martini shot is called a Shot Top and it’s the brainchild of Wilton. If you throw a lot of parties, you may want to stock up on these and experiment with all kinds of boozy cupcakes!
Let’s take a closer look at how these chocolate martini cupcakes come together:
Here the cupcake batter is going into the baking cups. Any baking cups will do, but these “My Cupcakes Are My Cocktails” baking cups are particularly cute.
I frosted the cupcakes with a star tip for the perfect cupcake swirl.
The chocolate drizzle is simply melted chocolate piped all over the frosting.
Here’s where I fill my Shot Tops with chocolate martini and place them on each cupcake! I didn’t have to use a martini glass, but that made it more fun when I got to drink the leftovers. :)
Chocolate Martini Cupcakes
- 1 pound unsalted butter room temperature
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons Crème de Cacao
- 4 teaspoons Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 of your favorite chocolate cupcakes I, of course, highly recommend using Ultimate Chocolate Cupcakes.
- 4 ounces melted dark tempered chocolate
- 1 chocolate martini I use the recipe from The Drink Blog.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes on high speed).
- Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
- Mix in Crème de Cacao, chocolate liqueur, and salt.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Drizzle or pipe melted chocolate on top of frosting.
- Fill Shot Tops with chocolate martini and place in cupcakes. Drink any leftover martini.
- Serve and enjoy!