My chocolate martini cupcake shots start with the best chocolate cupcakes on the planet. The cupcakes are topped with a chocolate martini buttercream made with Crème de Cacao and Godiva liqueur before they’re drizzled with dark chocolate.
The most fun part of these chocolate martini cupcakes is the actual shot of chocolate martini that can be squeezed into the cupcakes just before eating.
This post was sponsored by Wilton.
How to Make a Cupcake Shot
Cupcake shots are made using Shot Tops. They are plastic flavor infusers filled with a shot of alcohol – in this case, a chocolate martini.
You gently place a Shot Top into the cupcake and the chocolate martini can be squeezed into the cupcake just before eating.
How to Make a Chocolate Martini Cupcake
In addition to the shot, the frosting is what really makes this a chocolate martini cupcake. It’s a basic American buttercream (read my post on cupcake frostings if you are interested in learning about different types of frosting) with the addition of Crème de Cacao and Godiva liqueur.
I frosted the cupcakes with a star tip for the perfect cupcake swirl.
The chocolate drizzle is simply melted chocolate piped all over the frosting.
Cupcake Shot Variations
If you like the idea of cupcake shots but are worried about the cupcakes falling into little hands, you could use chocolate buttercream frosting or cookies and cream frosting and fill the Shot Tops with chocolate milk!
Chocolate Martini Cupcake Shots
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes on high speed).
- Mix in powdered sugar a little bit at a time until fully combined.
- Mix in Crème de Cacao, chocolate liqueur, and salt.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes.
- Drizzle or pipe melted chocolate on top of frosting.
- Fill Shot Tops with chocolate martini and place in cupcakes. Drink any leftover chocolate martini.
- Serve and enjoy!