I ate far more of these carrot cake truffles than I typically do when presented with carrot cake. It’s just so tempting to ingest one truffle after another every time I walk past them! These carrot cake truffles taste just like carrot cake, but they are lighter and fresher. You can roll them in crushed nuts, dried pineapple, cinnamon sugar, coconut flakes, or all of the above!
These carrot cake truffles come together super easily using their little secret…. Idaho® mashed potatoes! No one will ever know the potatoes are there unless you tell them. They simply help to bind the truffle ingredients together and to lend them a light, buttery flavor.
Carrot Cake Truffles
- 9 1/2 ounces carrots about 2 medium-sized carrots
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup mashed Idaho® potatoes make from scratch with your favorite buttery family recipe or use Idahoan Signature™ Russets Mashed Potatoes, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or finely diced dried pineapple for topping
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse carrots until finely diced.
- Pulse in almond meal, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and sugar.
- Transfer mixture to a medium-sized bowl and fold in mashed potatoes.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Roll balls in your choice of topping(s) – chopped nuts, coconut, cinnamon sugar, and/or diced dried pineapple.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: I originally created this recipe for the Idaho Potato Commission.