These beer cheese Super Bowl cookies are a cross between beer bread, oatmeal cookies, and cheddar biscuits with the addition of chunks of apple. The flavor of these Super Bowl cookies will vary depending on your choice of beer (I used a Schlafly Oatmeal Stout), the sharpness of the cheddar cheese you use (I used a sharp, smoked cheddar), and how sweet your apples are. You can’t go wrong, so just go with what you like and you’ll score a dessert touchdown!
Beer Cheese Super Bowl Cookie Recipe
I adapted this Super Bowl Cookie recipe from The Beeroness’s Soft Batch Beer and Brown Sugar Cookies.
Beer Cheese Super Bowl Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup beer
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups apples finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the butter, cheese, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Mix in the egg yolks.
- Mix in the beer.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the apples.
- Scoop out golf ball-sized cookie balls onto a parchment- or silicone mat-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges just start to get brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack.