Banana whipped cream is the ultimate in decadence for the banana lover. Use it to top even the most boring desserts (if you’re short on time, you could even use a store-bought cake) and you’ll be sure to impress. Mixing in some crunchy cacao nibs takes the whipped cream to the next level of dessert heaven.
Banana Whipped Cream Recipe
Banana Whipped Cream with Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Whip heavy whipping cream until it looks like whipped cream.
- Mix in sugar until incorporated.
- Peel and slice banana.
- Microwave the slices for 45 seconds. (This may vary by microwave. You are looking for something very soft, but not liquid.)
- Mash the microwaved banana and let it come to room temperature.
- Stir the banana and cacao nibs into the whipped cream.
Where Did You Get That GORGEOUS Cupcake Wrapper?
The gorgeous cupcake wrapper came from Alison of Sugar Cat Studio. I am excited to announce that Sugar Cat Studio is going to be a sponsor of Wedding 3.0!!! I’ll be showcasing a variety of wrappers from Sugar Cat Studio in the months leading up to the wedding, and Alison will be creating custom wrappers for Bride and Groom 3.o’s big day!
Don’t wait to see her designs here, though – go check them out on her etsy site now. They would make a great gift for a cupcake lover. I adored the box they came in with the cute cupcake sticker!
The cupcake under the frosting is up next.