I was playing with molecular gastronomy the other day to make treats for a birthday party and nothing was working. Jonathan kept reminding me that I pride myself on being an experimental blogger so I can’t expect things to work every time. But, I do expect recipes to work every time – I’m an eternal optimist.
Time was running out; I had to leave in ten minutes and I had no dessert ready to bring! I peeked in my refrigerator and realized that I had some leftover pumpkin puree. Knowing that the birthday girl was on a gluten-free diet, I quickly created some no-bake gluten-free crispy chocolate pumpkin bites. Start to finish, this recipe took five minutes and it is hella good! It tastes like a chocolate truffle crossed with a pumpkin pie and a Rice Krispie treat! I love challenging crazy recipes, but sometimes easy recipes win and I just need to take a deep breath and celebrate that.
5 Minute Gluten-free No Bake Crispy Chocolate Pumpkin Bites
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate melted in the microwave
- 3 cups Rice Chex crushed (stick them in a sealed sandwich bag and roll over them with a rolling pin)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all ingredients together except for pumpkin pie spice.
- Pack tablespoon-sized clumps of the mixture together in your hand and form small balls.
- Dust each ball lightly with pumpkin pie spice.