I tried to make treats for a gluten-free birthday party and nothing I was trying was working. With ten minutes left before I had to leave, I switched gears, looked into the refrigerator and pantry, and came up with this recipe for easy gluten-free no-bake crispy chocolate pumpkin bites.
These pumpkin bites taste like chocolate truffles crossed with pumpkin pie and rice krispie treats.
Why These Five-Minute Pumpkin Bites Work
While I love challenging myself coming up with crazy recipes, sometimes easy recipes are the best choices.
These crispy chocolate pumpkin bites combine dark chocolate with fall flavors and actual pumpkin. The combination is wonderful.
You don’t have to bake them.
They’re also gluten-free.
Did I mention that they take five minutes to make?
What You Need to Make Crispy Chocolate Pumpkin Bites
- Your favorite dark chocolate
- Rice Chex
- Pumpkin puree (look for a can at your grocery store – this is not the same as pumpkin pie filling)
- Pumpkin pie spice
You will also need either a microwave or a double boiler set up on your range in order to melt the chocolate. The microwave is way faster at melting chocolate.
How to Make Crispy Chocolate Pumpkin Bites
Melt your dark chocolate.
While that’s melting, crush Rice Chex in a plastic bag by rolling them over with a rolling pin.
Mix dark chocolate with Rice Chex, honey, pumpkin puree, and salt.
Pack tablespoon-sized clumps of the mixture into your hand and form into small balls.
Dust each ball lightly with pumpkin pie spice and serve, or bring with you to the party that you’re running late to.
Five-Minute Crispy Chocolate Pumpkin Bites
- 3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate melted in the microwave or using a double boiler
- 3 cups Rice Chex crushed (stick them in a sealed sandwich bag and roll over them with a rolling pin)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Mix all ingredients together except for pumpkin pie spice.
- Pack tablespoon-sized clumps of the mixture together in your hand and form small balls.
- Dust each ball lightly with pumpkin pie spice.