The 2015 Cupcake Project + Cuisinart Ice Cream Cupcake Contest is a virtual contest. This means that you can enter your ice cream cupcake creation no matter where you live! Simply bake up some ice cream cupcakes, share them along with a recipe on your blog, Facebook page, or Instagram account, and you can enter!
Unlike many Internet contests these days, this is not a photo contest and it’s not a popularity contest. Instead, you’ll be judged on perceived deliciousness, creativity, and presentation – in that order of importance – by three AMAZING judges whom you’ll meet later in this post. The judges can’t taste every entry, but I will personally bake the ice cream cupcake that the judges select and confirm its awesomeness before we make our final decision.
What’s an Ice Cream Cupcake?
For the purposes of this contest, an ice cream cupcake is a cupcake that contains cake and ice cream (or frozen yogurt, gelato, or something ice cream-like). For a short tutorial on how to make ice cream cupcakes, check out my post on ice cream cupcakes. For tons of inspiration, have a look at the incredible entries from 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 (that should keep you busy for a while!).
I’m so excited about this year’s prizes from Cuisinart! The grand prize package includes everything you need to make the perfect ice cream cupcakes except the ingredients and your time.
The Grand Prize :
- Cuisnart Frozen Yogurt – Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker
- Cuisinart Cupcake-shaped Carrier
- Cuisinart 12 Cup Muffin Pan
- Cuisinart Ice Cream Scoop
Just by entering, you have a shot at winning a prize! Three entrants will receive Cuisinart Cupcake-shaped Carriers.
Meet the Judges
It’s time to introduce you to this year’s esteemed judges!
- Dates: You can enter any time through August 15, 2015.
- Number of Entries per Person: One entry per person is allowed, so make it count!
- Judging Criteria: Cupcakes will be judged on perceived deliciousness, creativity, and presentation – in that order of importance.
- Prizes: See above for prize descriptions. The Grand Prize winner and the entry prize winners will be announced by September 7, 2015.
- Entry Requirements:
- Create a recipe for ice cream cupcakes! The ice cream cupcakes must contain cake and ice cream (or frozen yogurt, gelato, or something ice cream-like). Cupcakes baked in ice cream cones without a frozen element are not eligible.
- Share your photo and recipe.
- If you are a blogger: Write a new post on your blog about your creation. The post must include a photo, a recipe, a link to this post, and the contest graphic.
- If you aren’t a blogger: Upload a photo of your creation to Instagram or Facebook. In the photo description, include the details about the cupcake and the recipe. Tag @cupcakeproject and @cuisinart in your post and use the hashtag #icecreamcc15. Make sure that your Instagram account or Facebook post is public. (To make the photo public on Facebook, change “Friends” to “Public” next to the Post button.)
- Find and click the “Add Your Link” button at the bottom of this post.
- Complete the entry form.
- If you are a blogger: In the Link field, enter the link to your post (not your whole blog). The Link Title should automatically fill in and you should be able to choose the photo from the post that you would like to include in the Link-up.
- If you aren’t a blogger: In the Link field, enter the link to your social media post. On Instagram or Facebook, this is the address of the photo post, NOT facebook.com/yourname or instagram.com/yourname. Adjust the Link Title to be the title of your ice cream cupcake creation and confirm that the Link-up has selected the correct image for you. If it doesn’t work properly, check your link. If it still isn’t working, you can upload an image directly from your computer. I’m happy to help you out with this; just shoot me an email.
- After you submit your entry, wait a few minutes and refresh this page. You should see a thumbnail version of your entry displayed. Your entry is now complete!