These soft banana bread cookies taste just like mini banana breads.
They may, perhaps, be better than banana bread – unless your banana bread is studded with chopped hazelnuts and drizzled with dulce de leche.
Banana Bread Cookies with Hazelnuts and Dulce de Leche
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups hazelnuts coarsely chopped
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
In another medium-sized mixing bowl, mix butter, sugar, dulce de leche, vanilla extract, and bananas until light and creamy.
Add the eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, mixing until fully combined.
Add the dry ingredients a little at a time until just combined.
Mix in the hazelnuts.
Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least two hours.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough two inches apart from each other onto parchment- or Silpat-lined cookie sheets.
Press each cookie to flatten slightly.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden.
Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Drizzle cooled cookies with dulce de leche just before serving.
Cookies may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
If you love dulce de leche, you’ll also love:
- Dulce De Leche in a Crock Pot (Just set it and forget it!)
- Chocolate Dulce de Leche Cupcakes (Perfect for Valentine’s Day!)
- Turn Your World Upside-Down with Dulce De Leche Flan (A fun twist on a classic favorite!)
- Banana Bread Cookies with Hazelnuts and Dulce de Leche (A great recipe from a great book.)
- Dulce De Leche Frosting (Also, how to fix a frosting mishap.)