I’ve compiled a list of frequently asked cupcake questions that I hope will be helpful to you. Each page has an area for comments. If you have your own tips or further questions related to a particular topic that I’ve covered, please add them to the appropriate page. If there is a topic that you would like to see added after you’ve read through my existing tips, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about baking:
- How do I convert a cake recipe to a cupcake recipe?
- How do I convert standard cupcakes to mini cupcakes?
- What is the easiest way to fill cupcake liners?
- How high should I fill cupcake liners?
- How do I tell when cupcakes are done?
- How do I put a filling into a cupcake?
- Why do my cupcakes pull away from their liners?
- Why do my cupcakes collapse?
Questions about decorating:
- How do I make cupcakes look pretty?
- How do I make a big frosting swirl?
- What frostings hold up best in warm weather?
- How should I store cupcakes?
- I am baking 300 cupcakes for a wedding. What advice do you have?
- Can I freeze cupcakes?
- How can I ship cupcakes?
- How do I host a cupcake decorating party?
- Can I take frosted cupcakes onto a plane?
- What is the difference between a muffin and a cupcake?
- What do your recipe abbreviations mean?
- How can I convert your recipes to metric units?
- What are your favorite frosting recipes?
- Do you have a favorite basic vanilla cupcake recipe?
- Can you recommend some vegan or gluten-free cupcake recipes?
- What’s the best way to bake with tea?
- What’s the best way to bake with coffee?